Saturday 26 March 2011

Weekly Weight Loss Report Week 12 - adjusting to changes in my body

It's been 4 weeks since I've been able to record a loss in weight. Some might say that that is slow progress, and maybe it is, however as I've said before, I keep the 'bigger' picture in mind and remember how far I have come so far.

I think with a weight loss journey that extends past the initial keenness of the first week, you have to be prepared for weight gains and for some weeks to stay the same. My weight loss has been achieved over 7 months. I remember that during December I stayed the same (or maybe even put weight on) and March has proved to be the same.

So from my experience, when you are eating healthily, sensibly and not on some extreme diet, you can't 'force' your body to lose weight when it doesn't want to! You just have to keep doing what you know works, and your body will react accordingly and lose some more weight when it's good and ready!

This weeks weight loss - 3.2lbs

Total weight loss - 46.4lb 9 (3 stone 4.4lbs)

I'm really glad I have kept this weight loss chart updated from the beginning. Since last August I've been making a note of (more or less) my weekly weight. As you can see, there have been numerous times where I have put on a few lbs, but I've never used those increases as an excuse to give up.





As you can see in the bmi chart comparisons from Feb and today, I'm inching closer to being in a healthy weight range for my height (which I think is 5ft 3").


25th Feb bmi chart




26th March bmi chart



And now I am 4.4lb away from the new weight loss goal that I set myself when I reached my 40lb goal. Another 4.4lbs and I will have achieved a total weight loss of FIFTY POUNDS!



Now I want to write a bit about body image and accepting my 'new' body.

It's a bit hard to explain, but I'll give it a try.



The rational part of my brain knows I have lost almost 50lbs. And I can 'see' when I look in the mirror that I am slimmer than before I lost weight. My old clothes tell me that too.



But let's use my clothes shopping experience of yesterday as a good example...

I had a brilliant day out with my fantastic Mum in Stratford Upon Avon. We had a wander around the clothes shops, but with this seasons colours I didn't see much I liked. BUT after some perseverance, we did find some items and in the right colour AND they were in the sale. I've been holding off buying too many new clothes (but I have needed to just so I had something to wear on my slimmer body), or spending too much money, as my weight loss journey hasn't finished and I don't want a wardrobe of ill fitting clothes to have to replace.

Anyway, we found some sale items in styles and colours I liked. I one shop, I had amassed 16 items to try on! *gulp*



My personal shopper - my Mum ;)



As we were selecting the clothes to try on, I had to remind myself and my Mum that I'm not a size 16/18 anymore, or even a size 14.

But this is where my mind is having trouble catching up with my body. The items I selected to buy size 12, or size 10, or small.

We have all seen the clothes that only come in Small, Medium or Large. I remember earlier this year when I was delighted to fit into a large! Normally vaguely labeled 'large' items would be too small for me.




And now....I'm getting in to a size Small?




Obviously, I didn't buy all of the 16 items. When I tried them on, some weren't the right style, a few were too tight (or too short!), and there was one 'medium' that although I got it on, it was too clingy.




But what I did buy were sized either a 12, 10 or small.











Small £9 in sale




size 10 £6.99 in sale



size 12. though I didn't try a size 10 on. I LOVE this dress. My Mum has named it my Elizabeth Taylor dress. (RIP Elizabeth - what an interesting life she had!) £27 not in sale






Small - £7 in sale


Small - £7 in sale


Small. Julian McDonald - £9 in sale




And of course I had to get some bling !


Hair bands

Presents from my Mum. Thanks Mum!





But I digress (distracted by shiney bling!)





Slim people wear 10's, 12's and small. Does that mean I am slim now? Y'see, this is where I'm getting a bit confuddled. The 'facts' are there, but some part of me is having trouble understanding it.





Another thing I've become aware of is my BONES! lol. Sounds strange doesn't it? Well mine have been hiding under a layer of fat for ages, and now they aren't. I've got a collar bone now, and hip bones. I can feel my rib bones now too. Again, a new feeling.





I don't think is an unusual situation to be in. I've read that when people lose a good amount of weight they still get a surprise when they look in the mirror at their 'new' body. And why wouldn't they? For the last 4-5 years, I've got very accustomed to seeing the 'old' me. And now a 'new' me is staring back! Hello 'new' me! :)




I guess I'm just going through a natural adjustment period and the longer I am this new weight, the more normal it will feel and look. Maybe it's similar to getting a new hairstyle. When you get home from the hairdressers you can't stop looking at your new hair, and for the next few days it's the same and a week later it doesn't feel so new. Like that, only with a longer acceptance period!




A bit more about what I'm eating. I was writing my food shopping list yesterday, so thought I would share that with you as I've had a couple of food related questions.




So this is a typical week's food shopping. Of course, that's not only what my diet will consist of this week. I have other things already in stock, but this is what I wanted to get in for this week.




Baby potatoes


Avocado


Mango


Oranges


Peppers


Grapes


Melon


Butternut Squash


Pak Choi


Beansprouts


Cabbage



Sesame Snaps - a fast energy boost before or after a run


Dark Chocolate


After Eights


Crisps


Peanuts




Homous


Bacon - streaky


Pork


Duck



Spray cooking oil - Olive


Sweet and Sour Sauce



Diet Coke


Diet Lemonade


Orange Squash


Sports Drinks


I think that's it!

Time to get my trainers on for a run. I've managed to fit in some more exercise in the last week after my schedule getting too packed the previous week or two. I can't tell you how great it feels to exercising again. I missed it! And, I'll tell you what, I never thought I'd say that! :)

1 comment:

Shaon Bhuiyan said...

Thanks for your update. this is a great news that you loss weight - 3.2lbs weeks and total weight loss - 46.4lb 9 within 12 weeks. Sounds good. I loose 65lb last 10 weeks. I am following http://www.10pounds10days.com right now. But your methods it interesting. And all the best wishes for your photography.
Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...