I've been keeping this recipe to myself for some time now. It's too good to share!
But in a moment of generosity, I now present you with the recipe for...
THE BEST SPICY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP EVER
IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
This recipe will make 3 large bowls or soup, or 5 smaller bowls.
You will need:
- 1/2 butternut squash, deseeded, peeled and chopped into chunky sizes. (tip: this type of peeler is great and produces very little waste)
- 2 medium onions, or 1 large onion, peel and chop roughly
- 2/3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 stock cube, chicken or vegetable
- 1/2 teaspoon each of thyme, sage, coriander, paprika, chilli powder and cumin
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Heat the oil in your soup pan of choice.
- Add the onion and cook slowly until soft
- Add the garlic and spices and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes
- Add the chunks of butternut squash
- Add enough water to just cover the ingredients and throw in the stock cube.
Turn the heat up and cook for 20/30 mins. Then whizz it altogether! Or keep it chunky.
You're welcome, and enjoy! ;)
Say hello on twitter! @karenstrunks
Subscribe in a reader